Pour une meilleure expérience,
veuillez tourner votre appareil en mode portrait.

Follow us

general information

living in Toulouse

The isdaT is located alongside the Garonne River in the historic centre of the city of Toulouse, which is a highly desirable location for higher learning, ranked the 3rd largest student city with over 100 000 students and the first best city to study in of L’Étudiant’s 2018 classification of “good student cities”. A lively hub of arts activities, it provides its students with a multiplicity of resource sites, concert halls, shows, festivals, and exhibitions…


The students of isdaT can apply for scholarships from the CROUS based on social criteria, by constituting their Dossier Social Etudiant (DES or Student Social File) online between January 15 and May 15 prior to the start of the new school year. Since the scholarship is only attributed for one year, it is crucial to enrol each year before May 15.
A national scale is applied, taking into account family resources and expenses.
The level of scholarship varies depending on the 8 levels revised each year by the French Ministry of National Education. The scholarship is awarded for 9 months, from October to June. The payment is monthly (payment at end of month). All necessary information will be provided with the application form and is available for consultation on the CROUS website.

housing support

isdaT students may file a request for student housing with the CROUS, at the time their student social file is compiled. It is compulsory to be a scholarship recipient to be eligible to apply. There are several apartment blocks and university residencies in Toulouse that are managed by the CROUS.

social Welfare

The CROUS social worker will answer students’ questions concerning any material difficulties or relationship issues.

Contact Details
Centre régional des œuvres universitaires et scolaires
Service Social
58 rue du Taur — 31070 Toulouse cedex 7

Manager: Claire Pujol-Soulet
05 61 12 54 52
Open to the public from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 4:30 pm (by appointment).

insurance, CVEC and social security

civil Liability Insurance

An individual “civil liability and accident” insurance policy must be taken out by adult students or parents of minor students with the organism of their choice.


From this year on, all the students in initial training must pay this subscription fee known as the CVEC, Contribution Vie Étudiante et de Campus [Contribution to Student Life and Campus] before they are able to enrol for higher education.
However, there is no longer any student social security charge to be paid. This new contribution is designed to provide for and accompany the students’ social, sanitary, cultural, and sporting life. It also enables health education and prevention campaigns to be reinforced.

The amount is around 90 euros and you must pay it online on the CROUS website: click on “My Student Services” then on “CVEC”. The CROUS will then deliver you a receipt or an exoneration if you are a scholarship recipient, which must be provided at the time of your enrolment at the isdaT.

Cases of CVEC Exoneration:

  • Scholarship recipients based on social criteria, but online enrolment is compulsory.
  • Refugees, individuals enjoying subsidiary protection, and asylum seekers (upon presentation of proof), but online enrolment is compulsory.
  • Students hosted in France within the framework of an institutional partnership (Erasmus, bilateral agreement).

student Social Security

Student social security was reformed in 2018. There is no longer any social security contribution to pay, it has been replaced by the CVEC.
The students are now responsible for their adherence to social security, which is no longer handled through tertiary teaching establishments. Progressively, specific student social security will be phased out and managed by the Caisses Primaires d’Assurances Maladie (CPAM), along with the régime général (general scheme).

French students who are enrolling for the first time in higher education
No administrative paperwork needs to be completed for social security. Student health coverage is handled by the authority that has handled it heretofore, usually the one the parents belong to, located in the parents’ town or city, even if the student has moved to Toulouse. It may also be the student’s own authority, for instance if the student had an employment contract the previous year.

Foreign students who are enrolling for the first time in higher education
Students must register with the general social security scheme on www.etudiant-etranger.ameli.fr. They will then be covered by the Toulouse CPAM (Caisse Primaire d’Assurance Maladie). Be aware that this registration can only be undertaken once the CVEC payment and enrolment at the isdaT have been completed.